Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ikea

The new Ikea in Burbank opened this past week. I decided to go with the hopes of winning a $100 gift card (I won a $10 one) and, well, because a Krispy Kreme is down the street...any reason to be in the proximity of a Krispy Kreme, my friends. In addition to the donuts, the highlight of the morning was that we all got to walk through two lines of cheering employees as we entered the store. I felt like a football player entering the field for a homecoming game. It was fun. 

Anyway, I love walking through Ikea - such (affordable) design inspiration for all the rooms of an apartment/home including the outdoor space. While the furniture is, at times, difficult to put together I do like the overall simple and clean look of the pieces. As expected, opening day was quite busy. I usually avoid the crowds by going on a weekday morning with a cup of coffee in hand; this allows me to leisurely walk through each staged room. Alas, this trip was not that.

Inspired by my most recent trip to Ikea and the noticeable increase in the focus on outdoor spaces, here are some fun items to add to your outdoor spaces as well as some links to some swoon-worthy outdoor spaces from around the web. Can you even handle the scalloped pot? Let me know your favorites in the comments!
outdoor spaces
Outdoor spaces 2






























































SHOPPING INFORMATION

Pots & Stands
Scalloped
Stand 
Midcentury
Geometric

Lighting:
String
Star Pendant
Hanging

Fire Pits:
Moon & Stars
Minimal
Copper

Poufs & Pillows:
Circle
Square
Bohemian

Looking for some inspiration? Check out the links below.

// Love the furniture designed by THE JUNGALOW //
// I could enjoy margaritas on the patterned patio of DESIGNLOVEFEST //
// The dark walls and midcentury pieces of STORIES backyard are California cool //
// I could definitely enjoy tea every morning on the patio over at MY DOMAINE //

Thanks for stopping by,
megs