Thursday, September 24, 2015

Etsy + Fall

While I am not a huge online shopper (I prefer going to a brick & mortar, sipping on coffee and browsing the aisles), I do love myself some Etsy. It is so user friendly with its' various categories, price range options and 'suggestions for you' links. Here are some of my favorite Etsy finds for the fall season.

fall etsy finds


...starting at the top... 

// french press in grey and white // for coffee on the brisk fall weekend mornings //
// cement fruit bowl // for your farmer's market goodies //
// black loafers // to wear with this jumpsuit //
// constellation earrings // to wear with this chunky sweater //
// kale farmer's market bag // to bring to all of the fall markets //
// boots // to wear with overalls all season long //
// leather backpack // for back to school //
// fig farmer's market bag // you can never have too many //
// overnight bag // for all of the upcoming holiday trips //
// pumpkin candle // because pumpkin is the best //
// clutch // simple neutral bag to add to fall outfits // 
// plant pots // succulents are great, neutral plants to go with fall decor //
// brown loafers // easy slips on shoes to wear with both a dress & tights and denim //

***
HAPPY FALL!!! Hooray! It is seriously the best season...the smells, the tastes, the color schemes. I love it all. When I was a girl scout in high school (I was a daisy, a brownie and a girl scout - good times...good times), we spent one troop meeting with a professional discussing what seasonal color palette goes best with our skin tones (summer, fall, winter, spring). I was told that mine was spring but, I convinced myself that it was fall and have kept that going today. As such, I have a lot of brown and burnt sienna items in my life (clothes, home decor, makeup).  Anyway...I better stop now before I go into more girl scout stories. I loved being a girl scout...seriously, loved it. 

So, what are your plans for this gorgeous, crisp, cool (not yet in LA, but hopefully soon) season? If you are in the LA (or surrounding) area, might I suggest these:


...starting at the top... 

// PSL (or pumpkin spice latte) // find a Starbucks near you and follow PSL on twitter...he is so charming!
// Pumpkin Festivals // Cal Poly Pomona on 10/17 and 10/18...corn mazes and goats...need I say more?
// Pumpkin Patches // here are some Yelp suggests in the area.
// Oktoberfest // my personal favorite is at Old Word Village.
// Apples are made for pickin' // as well as strawberries, blackberries and pears...oh my!
// Hayride // while I do not partake in this annually, I definitely recommend checking it out at least once. 
// Wine Tasting // while there are some gorgeous wineries here and here, we also have one located right in the city - San Antonio - who serves up Stella Rosa (one of my favorites!)
// Farmer's Markets // while I personally frequent South Pasadena and Monrovia, an entire list can be found here (thank you LA Weekly!).
// Pantages Theatre // 'the sun will come out...tomorrow' (Annie runs from October 13th to November 1st).
// Pancakes & Coffee // the Griddle Cafe is one of my favorite breakfast spots in LA...try the "Eyes Wide Open" chocolate chip and espresso pancakes.  
// Autumnal Stroll // we are just a short drive to Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead but for something closer, there are a lot of - recently refurbished - city parks including Grand Park and Echo Park.
// Cooking Class // fall themed classes (like Cider House Feast and Tasty Tapas for Fall) now at Sur la Table. I recommend the location at the Grove!
// Outdoor Yoga // From the hills to the beach, you can find a list here.

What are your favorite things to do in fall?

Thank you for stopping by! xo